In order to help reduce the number of stray and homeless animals in our community, Blue Mountain Humane Society provides discounted spay/neuter services for pets belonging to income-qualified individuals and families.
Subsidized spay/neuter services are currently only available for income-qualified pet owners in Walla Walla, Columbia and the northern part of Umatilla Counties in adherence with Governor Inslee’s limitations on non-essential travel due to COVID-19. Call us at (509) 525-2452 to schedule your appointment for your pet!
Low Income Status
- Clients must meet the income requirements. Click here for Income Status Limits. If your income does not fall under these limits, you do not qualify for Subsidized Spay/Neuter services at Blue Mountain Humane Society.
Proof of Rabies Vaccine
- Rabies vaccinations are required for all animals over the 12 weeks of age by Washington State law. REQUIREMENT IS WAIVED ONLY IF PROOF OF CURRENT RABIES IS PRESENTED PRIOR TO SURGERY. CLIENT MUST PROVIDE A CURRENT RABIES CERTIFICATE. TAGS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Current License (Dogs Only)
- All dogs over the age of 4 months living in the City of Walla Walla, Walla Walla County or City of College Place control zones, must be licensed annually. A current dog license ($15 for altered dogs at this time) will be required before release.
- A brief veterinarian examination
- Sedation and pain medication
- General anesthesia
- A spay or neuter surgery
- A small tattoo on the tummy to indicate that spay or neuter has been performed
- Tender loving care
Full payment for surgery is due at the time of drop-off. We accept cash, debit, and credit cards. You will be notified of additional charges due at the time of pick up.
Prices shown on this page take effect on May 1st, 2020.
Schedule an Appointment
Please do not schedule if you do not meet all the qualification requirements. Please note: You must use Google Chrome to schedule an appointment online. If you are having trouble scheduling, please give us a call at (509) 525-2452.