Adoption Quick Links
How to adopt animals at BMHS
1. Browse the animals online or stop by during out shelter hours.
2. Get to know the animal. Play with them, take them for a quick walk, observe their behavior.
3. Talk to our staff about the animal. Learn about their personality!
4. Once you’ve decided to adopt, fill out an adoption application. Dogs over the age of 6 months can go on a free, three-day home trial to make sure they are your perfect match. Puppy, cat and kitten adoptions can be finalized that day!
5. Receive a lifetime of unconditional love!
Adoption fees are:
- Cats $50
- Kittens under 4 months $95
- Dogs (medium & large breeds) $125
- Dogs (small breeds) $175
- Puppies (under 6 months) $250
- Highly Desirable or Purebred Dogs (regardless of age) $250
Adoption benefits include:
- Spay/neuter prior to adoption
- Microchip w/registration
- Current vaccinations
- Cats tested for FELV/FIV
- Complimentary health exam by local vet of choice
- 30 days of pet health insurance, for which you can purchase extended coverage
- “No Obligation” Home-trials for dogs over 6-months-old prior to adoption